HR Training Presentation:
Course ID: ExtHR - 240
Coaching employees requires skills in several areas including providing feedback, analyzing different employee issues, determining what, if any training would be beneficial to the particular employee issue, and having the all important discussion with the employee in an effort to change and improve performance.
This workshop will help provide confidence to the participant in the areas of communicating with employees. It will also guide the participant in setting plans for performance improvement, measuring results, and recognizing achievement.
- Be aware of the differences between coaching and managing.
- Learn the basics of an emotionally intelligent coach.
- Utilize the three steps in the SBI tool (Situation, Behavior, Impact) when providing effective feedback.
- Be able to analyze an employee situation.
- Apply the steps in the coaching discussion to bring about performance improvement.
Survey attendees for impact on work relationships two-four weeks after the training.
Expectation for participants:
Participants will attend and participate in activities and discussions in the session. After the session, they will apply Effective Coaching outcomes to their work relationships.
Target audience: All MU Extension employees
Instructional length: 2 hours
Facilitator(s): Megan Martin, Training/Development Coordinator, Human Resources, MU Extension; and Melinda Adams, Manager, Human Resources, MU Extension
Date(s): Presented upon request to groups of 10 or more
Delivery mode: Face to face, PowerPoint presentation, work sheets
Location: Presented at the location of the groups request
Max Enrollment: 35 (if enrollment needs to be more, discuss with presenter)