Orientation and training
New employee orientation
New MU Extension employees participate in an orientation program that helps them learn to be successful in the organization. Orientation includes an initial on-campus visit with program directors and representatives from other campus units, as well as an ongoing cohort training for faculty and mentoring program.
For more information on orientation practices and procedures, visit the MU Extension new employee orientation pages.
Mandatory training for all MU Extension employees
As an integral part of MU Extension’s commitment to a diverse, inclusive and non-discriminatory learning and working environment, all MU Extension employees are required to complete training concerning the rights and responsibilities of employees in the implementation of university and extension Equal Employment and Educational Opportunity policies. Three training sessions must be completed by all employees. These include:
- Building a Foundation. This training provides information about the equal employment and educational opportunities policies of the University of Missouri. It includes training on the mandatory reporting obligations of all extension employees under Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972. To access Building a Foundation, log into https://myhr.umsystem.edu/psp/prd/?cmd=login&languageCd=ENG& and follow the link under MyTraining.
- MU Extension Title IX Training. Because of the nature of the educational work of MU Extension employees, additional training on Title IX and its reporting requirements is required of all MU Extension employees. To complete this training, log in at https://extweb.missouri.edu/courses/default.aspx?courseid=241.
All employees are also required to complete a training program concerning security practices relevant to the appropriate use and security of information technologies on the job. The mandatory Information Technologies training is:
Additional training for employees
- Face-to-face: HR training presentations
- Online training: MyLearn
MyLearn is library of self-paced online courses that are available to all University of Missouri employees. Topics include business and workplace topics, desktop software tutorials and IT professional topics such as programming languages, database management and server administration.
To access MyLearn: Go to myHR. Login with your University of Missouri PawPrint ID and password. Browse the library to search for trainings, or enter a subject in the Select box on the top right of the screen.
- Educational assistance: For MU courses for credit, see HR-303 Educational Assistance.
- Professional development opportunities: A variety of professional development opportunities are available for MU Extension faculty and staff. For information about these additional opportunities, see the MU Extension Professional Development webpage.