Travel and moving

Reimbursement for university-funded travel

This information does not apply to field faculty or staff who are being reimbursed from county-held funds.

Online travel and expense voucher reimbursement system (T&E)

Travel policies

Travel & Expense (T&E) Information

Tax exemptions — Missouri and other states

Rental vehicle policies and procedures, including Enterprise rentals

Calculator: Rental vs. personal car costs? including insurance options (XLS)

Hotel Agreements

Meal per diem information

Parking on Columbia Campus

University of Missouri, Columbia Campus parking permits instructions for Extension non-Columbia based employees and state council members

Travel on the University OneCard

Links to the new or revised policies related to the One Card can be found on the One Card website.


Moving Expenses

University of Missouri Moving Policy

New employee or employee-transfer moving expenses have a few options in being set up and paid. Please reference the policy for any questions related to what will or won't be covered.

  1. If you use a University contracted moving company, the employee can contact the company directly to get the move set up.  The fiscal contact should be aware of the upcoming move and the bill should be sent to them, which can be paid directly with a University purchasing card.
  2. If you use a non-contracted moving company, it can still be paid directly through a purchase order.  Please contact your fiscal person to start that process, which must be done before you move. 
  3. If you are covering all of the expenses yourself, the reimbursement will go through the T&E system. Here is a helpful Moving Expense Quick Reference Guide.  The Employee Moving Expense Reimbursement Request and Summary will need to be filled out and submitted in the T&E system.